PIN Payments News Blog - May 19th 2009
As daily reports surface (i.e. see today's post: "63% of Websites have "Critical Vulnerability Issues") industry insiders are starting to take notice of our mantra that the web is NOT safe for financial transactions and the slow realization that a software application is not the answer is starting to take a foothold.
Therefore...we expect 2009 to be a year of migration from the belief that software (inside the browser) is "secure enough" to hardware (outside the browser) is "necessary" for online transactions. There is no other way to "secure" the transaction.
Hence, HomeATM is starting to make some noise in the Payments Industry. Here's a quick review of what has transpired since February:
- ATM & Debit News featured us twice in the past couple of months, first in an article entitled: HomeATM Wants to Change the eCommerce Experience...and
then again after HomeATM became the "first and only" company in the world to engineer, design and manufacture a PCI 2.0 Certified PIN Entry Device specifically for eCommerce use. The follow up story on HomeATM is hyperlinked: (here's the link)
- American Banker (Test Planned for Debit Reader for Use at Home) also covered HomeATM twice. (here's the hyperlink to the second article)
- FinovateStartup09 selected HomeATM as a participating company in it's annual "Financial Innovations" Showcase and the audience of payments industry experts, VC's and Financial Institutions selected HomeATM to demo it's application. see "Finovate Crowd Chooses HomeATM to Demo"
- The GreenSheet featured HomeATM in a featured story called "Doin' It Right."
- Several other publications covered our PCI 2.0 Certification, including but not limited to: CNET, The Paypers, ISO & Agent, BusinessWeek and Fortune
This time, HomeATM is being featured by the respected Payment News Authority, "The Nilson Report"
HomeATM is awaiting approval to bring you what The Nilson Report had to say about HomeATM's secure 2FA (two factor authentication) 3DES end-to-end encrypted, protected by DUKPT PCI 2.0 Certified Pin Entry Device.
Upon approval, look for The PIN Payments News Blog to bring you the coverage right here....