www.voltage.com), the global leader in end-to-end data protection, today announced an industry-first, global zero-cost licensing program for integration of its end-to-end encryption solution, Voltage SecureData™ with point-of-sale (POS) devices. The Voltage SecureData Open License Program™ dramatically lowers the barriers to enable the easy integration of encryption with any POS device, electronic cash register (ECR), mobile device or eCommerce Payments platform, protecting credit card data from the point of entry into the payment flow.
Global POS solution provider, Hypercom (NYSE: HYC) also announced today its charter participation in the new open license program. (Please see related press release: Hypercom and Voltage Security Team to Defend Payment Card Data and Merchant Brand Reputation with End-to-End Security.)
“Our goal with this program is to provide the most rapid integration solution across the widest range of POS, ECR and mobile devices as well as eCommerce payment platforms, to support the widest range of merchants at zero-cost to developers,” said Sathvik Krishnamurthy, president and CEO of Voltage Security “By lowering the barrier to implementing Voltage end-to-end encryption, the entire industry will benefit from higher security standards.”
“By joining with Voltage in this new program, Hypercom strengthens its leadership role in providing the highest level of security in the payments industry. Our new solution based on Voltage technology, also announced today, can be quickly and easily implemented to sharply reduce data breaches and compliance costs," said TK Cheung, vice president, global quality and security, Hypercom Corporation.
“Using end-to-end encryption at point-of-sale ensures that cardholder data is fully-protected from the moment it enters the payment stream. As the recent PricewaterhouseCoopers survey on PCI DSS illustrated, the end-to-end encryption approach has the greatest potential to reduce audit scope for merchants,” said Scott Loftesness, founding partner at Glenbrook Partners, former Group Executive at Visa and First Data Corporation, “By licensing end-to-end encryption technology to POS and ECR manufacturers and eCommerce Payment platform providers, Voltage will ensure that the widest range of merchants will benefit directly with higher security and lower PCI audit costs,” continued Loftesness.
Program Features No Royalties, Support for Online Credit Cards and Mobile Devices
Benefits of the global Voltage SecureData Open License Program include the following:
- The industry’s most open licensing model: zero-cost licensing model for POS device manufacturers to distribute Voltage SecureData-enabled payment devices. No royalties will be levied for implementation or distribution through POS devices.
- The broadest applicability: The Voltage SecureData Payments POS SDK is device-agnostic and easily portable to any hardware or software platform, including PIN pads, integrated POS systems, electronic cash registers, mobile devices and “card-not-present” eCommerce environments. Additionally, the Payments POS SDK takes advantage of TRSMs when available.
- Easiest system to implement: The Voltage SecureData Payments POS SDK has proven ports available to the largest number of platforms, features a small footprint suitable for constrained devices including hand-held and mobile, and has a supported hosted service for device testing.
- Easiest system to manage: The Voltage SecureData Payments POS SDK seamlessly integrates with Voltage’s simplified, stateless, key management architecture. No key injection is required eliminating labor-intensive processes for key rotation.
- State-of-the-art key management: Voltage’s Identity-Based Key Encapsulation and Encryption Protocol (IBKEEP) simplifies the transmission of payment card data from POS devices to the merchant or payment processor.
Qualified participants are invited to join the Voltage SecureData Open License Program and receive the Voltage SecureData Payments POS SDK to begin the technology integration process. Additional licensing information is available at www.voltage.com/developers.
Voltage Joins Secure POS Vendor Alliance (SPVA)
Voltage also announced its membership in the non-profit industry organization, SPVA, Secure POS Vendor Alliance. The SPVA is working with the members of the payments industry to develop an end-to-end security framework and to enhance security elements of payment solutions which protect cardholder information and defend merchants and acquirers against security breaches, while reducing fraud and lowering risk for all electronic payment stakeholders. The initial charter of the SPVA focuses on standardized implementation of existing security standards, security of the payment device lifecycle and security threat analysis and intelligence.
About Voltage Security
Voltage Security, Inc., an enterprise security company, is an encryption innovator and global leader in end-to-end data protection. Voltage solutions, based on next generation cryptography, provide end-to-end encryption, tokenization, masking and stateless key management for protecting valuable, regulated and sensitive information based on policy. Voltage products enable reduction in audit scope with rapid implementation and the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry through the use of award-winning cryptographic solutions, including Voltage Identity-Based Encryption™ (IBE) and a new breakthrough innovation: Format-Preserving Encryption™ (FPE). Offerings include Voltage SecureMail™, Voltage SecureData™, Voltage SecureFile™ and the Voltage Security Network™ (VSN), a SaaS service for the extended business network.
As a service to the industry and general public, the company maintains the Voltage Data Breach Index and Map which is continuously updated with global data breach information: www.voltage.com/data-breach. The Company is active in the standards community and is a PCI Security Standards Council Participating Organization and is a member of the Secure POS Vendor Alliance (SPVA). Voltage has also has been issued several patents based upon breakthrough research in mathematics and cryptographic systems. Customers include Global 1000 companies in banking, retail, insurance, energy, healthcare and government. To learn more about Voltage customers and sign up for the customer news letter please visit www.voltage.com/customers.